Monday, May 26, 2008

Letter to Ella

Ella is my daughter. We knew her name was going to be Ella, after two miscarriages I was unsure if I would ever be able to have children, well as the pregnancy was progressing and everything was going well, we looked up the name Ella and besides meaing beautiful fairy girl, hee hee it also means to be "whole or complete" which she certainly is. I have written her a letter, the first of many to come:
Dear Ella,
I love that you are always seeking solutions. If I say "we can't go for a walk right now, it is too cold outside," you say " "I have a good idea mom, i'll wear two jackets."You are so thougtful too, if Mommy bumps her elbow and says "ouchie" no matter where you are or what your doing, you will find me to ask "you o.k. mom?", and if I wasn't ok, then you would do something wonderful until I was, like scratch my back or rub my arm.
Mommy just loves to be with you, you are warm and delightful and always ready to go and do no matter what "YOU IN GIRL" You teach me everyday about the simplicity of our togetherness.
You have made my life sweeter than I ever dreamed it could be. I love your life, and I can't wait to get older with you as my daughter. I love you!

1 comment:

shannon said...

Hello Anna!

What a beautiful post. I love the meaning of "Ella"--such a perfect choice for your longed-for daughter. When we were preparing for our son's birth (we adopted him as an infant), we settled on Zachary because it meant "the Lord has remembered." I knew that God had not forgotten my pain or my great desire to be a mother.

Your daughter sounds like mine. Tera (also adopted) used to rub my back whenever I'd hurt myself or had a headache, and she'd say, "Does that feel ya better, Mom?"

Enjoy every minute--they grow so fast!